Thursday 3 January 2013

52 books in a year; 1 and 2

1.  An apple a day by Emma Woolf

This book was on my daughters wishlist. She read it in one day after Christmas.I also read it in one day on January 1st. A book of hope, detailing the long road to recovery from Anorexia. A very personal and very brave account.My cousin died a year ago after a very long battle with anorexia and a sad history of abusive relationships.Her brother and sister  and her children were all devastated. This is an illness which causes fear and suffering both to the person and to all those who love them.

2. The perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Another book given to my daughter. Again we both read it in a single day.I love the way this was written.The story of a fifteen year old boy struggling to find his way through life, love and adolescence.
Charlie is a very special boy. I would not be the target reader for this book but found it fascinating,very sad ,engaging and very cleverly written.

Please note, reading two books in two days is very unusual for me and will not continue! These were both fairly short and very engrossing books. 50 books to go!

1 comment: