Wednesday 2 January 2013

Films and books 2012

I have seen five films I would recommend in the last two weeks


1.   The Hobbit.   As a big fan of the Lord of the rings and having read all the books I loved this film and can't wait to see the next one. I do wish now I'd seen it in 3d as other people have commented that the 3d effects were brilliant.

2. Life of Pi.  I hadn't read the book but now intend to.In 3d the visual effects were stunning.Thought provoking, emotion stirring and with thrills and laugh out loud moments.

3.Love actually.  Watched this for the second time on DVD .The ultimate feel good movie.

4.The best exotic Marigold hotel.  This was aChristmas present from my wish list and lived up to my expectations.Loved it!

5.Julie and Julia. Women's lives, love, blogging and cookery, flaws and all. Very good film.


As an avid reader, I read a lot of books last year, mainly fantasy- Raymond Feist, George Martin,
L. Modesit Jr and Anne Mc Caffrey but a sprinkling of other Genres. The last book I read was' The Help' which I would highly recommend as a book everyone should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment