Friday 27 December 2013

daily December Diary

Christmas Day

Our tree managed to stand up long enough to put the presents under it, with the help of a pack of bird seed on the wonky leg!! After opening our presents we headed to Essex complete with turkey{ in a cool bag} for a family celebration with my husbands sister and brother and families. Lots of food, then a game of Settlers of Catan, followed by the younger generation playing fast and furious games on Ipad. A fun and sociable day. No television was watched at all!


Boxing Day

A day of recovery . Lunch was turkey and left overs. In the evening my daughter and I cooked a roast pork dinner with a glass of bucks fizz to accompany, and watched Harry Potter. Enjoying watching the whole series in order. I also watched my dvd {Christmas present} of The Host, which had a lot of bad reviews. I have to confess to really enjoying it having  loved the book. I think the film kept to the storyline fairly well as not the easiest of books to translate into film.

No comments:

Post a Comment