Monday 21 August 2017

Writing challenge fourteen

The ward that Kerry was in had four beds,one occupied by a young lady who looked like a schoolgirl. I naively wondered how such a young girl could get pregnant. The walls strangely were covered in faux wood paneling and a large picture of white water rafting which had a lustre designed to make ladies in their first trimester suffer more from morning sickness.I felt a vibration in my bag and managed to unearth my phone. Philip had received my urgent message and I passed the phone to Kerry.He was now in his apartment and had booked a fight home to arrive tomorrow morning.He was hoping to nap on the plane and come straight to the hospital after dropping his bags at their house. He was looking forward to being back in England where there was no need to spurn the constant Chinese propaganda of the state run media, but he was very grateful that they had agreed to employ him.He told Kerry how much he loved her then ended the call to finish packing. Another contraction had started so I held Kerry's hand again and tried to reassure her.

No comments:

Post a Comment