Saturday 19 August 2017

Writing challenge twelve

We continued to chat agreeably until we reached home. Kerry went upstairs to change into loose fitting vintage chinos while I stroked a very tired Yo Yo who soon nodded off at my feet.I was shocked by the sound of a fracas upstairs.I rushed up the stairs to find Kerry clutching her abdomen. She was not prone to hypochondria so when she told me to call an ambulance, I didn't hesitate.A paramedic quickly arrived and confirmed that Kerry was indeed in labour, two weeks earlier than her due date.The paramedics checked with the hospital who advised the  medical orthodoxy required that Kerry should be transported by ambulance to hospital.So after checking her blood pressure and taking a sample of her blood,they set off. I was left to ask my friend Sharon if she could take Yo Yo while I went to the hospital. Luckily she had finished her podiatry appointment and was very happy to puppy sit. I dropped Yo Yo at her house and reached the hospital in record time. Kerry was now on the labour ward and in some distress. She asked me to contact her husband via the state department at the university in China. He was her lifeboat at a time she felt all at sea and she desperately needed to talk to him

No comments:

Post a Comment